Hamilton College | Taylor Science Center
North End Campus | Clinton, New York
Hamilton College’s existing science building was built in 1928 and sat on axis in one of Hamilton’s two long central quadrangles. In a major expansion of its science research and teaching facilities, the college undertook a renovation of the original building including a large extension.
The Taylor Science Building converted an out-of-the-way corner of the campus, abutting a deep ravine, to academic use.
Halvorson Design worked with EYP Architects to design the site improvements for the project. After beginning work, the firm was also asked to re-conceive the manner in which the adjacent north end of campus functions and to develop a new gateway to the college.